Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!


This week really was a continuation of last week; I finished a T shirt quilt for a friend of mine who's daughter was graduating on Saturday.  Mike and I got invited to the cookout, and it was fun to see her reaction as she was given the quilt.  Lots of laughs about where her T shirt collection had been for the better part of the year. This was a fun project, and I can't wait to get another one to do.




Sunday was Mother's Day, and I had a great visit with both kids - and a new favorite recipe for Strawberry stuffed French Toast.  I relaxed a bit, and then got to spend the rest of the day putting the final touches on my presentation on Monday (which was the actual day).



I used my Leaves Galore template to create a color wheel as a demo for my "Why do All my Colors Look the Same" presentation that I did for the lovely ladies of the Linsey Woolsey Quilt Guild in Attleboro Ma.  They were a great group to work with - very energetic and engaging on the subject of color.  


I took Tuesday as my do-over birthday, and then spent some time this week unpacking from Paducah and re-organizing my room - interspersed with lunches and brunches with friends, because a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.  And I'm off in a bit for another visit with yet another group...



No comments:

Post a Comment