Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas one and All!

It's December 24th, and I hope this finds you enjoying the spirit of the season! Christmas is progressing on schedule here, and I'm off to get the Christmas roast now.  In the meantime, I thought that you'd all enjoy a cat-s perspective...

 
 
Athough if you had described me before last Thursday night if I was an applique person, I'd have asked you how big you wanted that lump of coal to be, I completely LOVED my class with Elly Sienkiewiz last week. If you are going to learn a technique, it's always best to learn from the woman who pioneered it.  She demystified the dreaded needle turn applique (something that's intimidated me for years...never saw myself as on of those people) in a class that was FUN, entertaining, enlightening - a perfect time out for me in the run up to Christmas.
 
That second picture is Elly, her granddaughter (and namesake Elly) who took the class, Sue Chiappini (who owns Twill, the great new downtown store that hosted the event) and Wanda Makela, who owns Bunkhouse Quilts in Lyndeboro...I'm sorry I don't know the woman in the pink vest - but she had as much fun as the rest of us. Not pictured is Sarah Glenfield, my applique buddy - if you're taking someone as shotgun, take the best!
 
 
Here's Elly explaining something from one of her original books, written almost 30 years ago - that block was drafted by her in celebration of the Industrial Revolution.
 
Well, I'm off to get the shopping done before things gets nuts - but I definitely have some updating to do for my "Ten Quilter's you Should Know" lecture - since Elly is on the list.  This wrapped up what has turned out to be an unbelievable year for me, and I can't wait to tell you more. Soon!
 
Best wishes to all this Holiday Season...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment