Friday, August 31, 2012

What I did on my summer vacation

Well, it's the last official weekend of summer, and I can already sense a chill in the air.  I noticed it first this past week as I went out on my screen porch - usually referred to as the summer office! - for morning coffee.  At 6AM, there was still enough dark out that I had to turn on the light - not something I'm used to having to do. Sigh.

Coffee in the AM on the porch is my time - whether to read a book, a magazine or to work on handwork.  It's just not the same inside - is it OK to sigh twice in one blog?

Still it's been a good summer - full of lots of surprises (mostly good, some not so much), and time to just chill out. We were fortunate to have 4 major shows up here in the northeast, and I was fortunate enough to make it to all 4! There was a lot of inspiration and motivation out there...

On the what's on my design wall front, you might recognize some of the blocks in the picture from my design wall earlier this summer.  That's a project that Linda Lum DeBono designed for American Patchwork and Quilting (Dec 2006), called Be Merry.  You never know what you'll find in the sharing box at Guild meetings.

Here's the wall today - one last row to finish.  I hope to get to it before next week's rounds of Show and Tell begins again. 

How was your summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment