Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy Monday, January 7th, 2013


Good morning all.

A new year brings with it all kinds of metaphors (clean slate, fresh start...you get the picture) for the process of making changes in your life. I find it's very complicated business of trying to do that when you're in the holiday mode, but once the return to routine of January comes, it's much easier to bring that into focus.

I'm working on that on several fronts. I find that looking back on 2012 - it was in many ways a successful and satisfying year. There are definite areas to improve on - to me, one of the most important of these is finding balance in my schedule.  I find myself doing a lot more computer work than sewing time, and also I have a schedule that rarely is the same from one week to the other. 

So my watchword for the year will be balance - and in the coming weeks I'll be exploring ways in which I am making adjustments to my daily schedule - and learning to embrace the concept of "No, I'm sorry...I just can't".  Embracing that concept in some areas will allow me to leverage me into a new era for "Yes, I can!".

If you have a strategy for helping achieve balance in your life, let me know in the comments below.  If there's an area that you need some help with, let me know that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment