Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Road Paved with Good Intentions...


Many quilters start the year with resolutions such as "I will finish my UFOs this year", or  "..I will spend time sewing every day this year..." It's all another variation of the balance  theme, and I am pleased to be able to offer you a an option you may not have considered. Please consider joining me (in my very first official sponsorship...take that, 2013 goals!) for lots of fun - and UFO busting as part of Eva Paige Quilt Designs' second running of Drop and Give Me Twenty.

Beth, who you may remember from her guest blog post in November,  started this project last year as a way of demonstrating to us doubters how much you can get done with just 20 minutes a day. It has nothing to do with exercise, and everything to do with sewing time. The premise is that you work on some quilt related item every day for at least 20 minutes, and you'll have a lot fewer UFOs at the end of the month than you do at the beginning.

 
Last year's event was so successful that she has prize sponsors for this year's event, including me! This year, I'm not only a sponsor - but heaven help me, I'm also a participant.  I've already begun to collect a pile of stuff (see below)  all set to go for 2/1...



If, by some miracle I am able to get all these done, trust me - there's more where that comes from!

To 'officially' enter the insanity, click  here and add your comments to the bottome to be officially entered into the prize drawings.  There will be a flicker group set up so that we can all encourage each other - I'll post that information once that's all set to go.

3 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled to have you join us in a UFO bust. Happy February sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, you have reminded me .. must take photos of my "before" pile ....... Glad to meet you for the DaGMT month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I also have a pile of items to work on.

    ReplyDelete