Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Technology Is our Friend (Repeat 100X)

       I have been trying to post 2 times a week - once under the One Quilting Circle tag, where I address items relevent to SOHO creative arts professionals, and other posts which are more genereal in nature on Thursdays. So it's Wednesday afternoon -  where's she going with this?

       Well, this blog post has been burning a hole in my brain for a couple of weeks now, but I couldn't post earlier because of Technology issues. There are times, especially when you are fulfilling all the jobs on your org chart, when you have to bite the bullet and make technology work for you (even as you don't want to fall into the trap of buying every new 'toy' in town.
    

Another instance of do as I say, not as I do!




Truthfully, I held off on getting a new phone for a lot longer than I should have...I know that this one has capabilities (like my email and GPS) that the old one didn't. My laptop had to go into the shop for repairs (that's why this is posting now, instead of on Monday)  - but I was able to access email reservations for an upcoming retreat on the phone.  And I've got some interesting plans afoot (which involves video and YouTube) in the short term - it's amazing what you can do.

One thing I'm going to be trying (and I want to hear how you like this) is that periodically, I'm going to be having guest bloggers post here - and on Monday, Oct 22 you'll see a post from my friend Sue West, an organizational expert who owns Space4U Organizing. I've learned a lot from Sue, and I've never met a quilter who wasn't on a quest for tips and tricks...

I'll be back online on Thursday the 24th...I'm off for some R&R this weekend with my guild. Nope, I'm not running it - so we'll see how many projects make it out of the bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment